Ken Mueller, PCA&D Instructor
Investing in your workforce, keeping your staff’s skills, up to date is important in all job functions, but especially so for employees charged with the graphic design, photography, publications and communications needs of your organization.
The rapid growth in the technology used in these fields is so recent, and changes happen so rapidly, many of your valuable employees do not have the current skills needed to help your company maintain its marketing edge. For instance:
- Photoshop has been issued new releases 10 times in the last five years.
- Facebook, now the cornerstone of many advertising and marketing programs, was launched only 10 years ago.
- The photo sharing app Instagram now has 300 million active users sharing 70 million photos per day
- 25% of internet users are mobile only, and responsive web design as a philosophy is now critical
- Websites built using the open source Wordpress system now represent 25.7% of all websites online. Wordpress was created in 2004
- Digital marketing is suddenly as important in the advertising mix as traditional print and broadcast advertising
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design’s Continuing Education department can help your staff gain the valuable and necessary skills they need conveniently and affordably through the college’s credit and non-credit courses and certificate programs taught by working professionals who are local leaders in their fields. Courses may be taken individually, on the topic of interest, or may be applied to one of PCA&D’s Certificate Programs:
- Digital Design for Print
- Digital Photography
- Digital Design for Web
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
How would your employees use this knowledge to expand the impact of your company? Courses are taught at PCA&D’s location in downtown Lancaster, or group classes can be arranged at your workplace.
If you have any questions, please e-mail or call 717.396.7833 x1022.