September 21-November 23, Saturdays, 10AM-1PM
Instructor: Matt Chapman
This course is designed to take you deeper into the artwork you love to make. You’re thinking about and building a portfolio that you feel shows who you are as a young artist. Is there a piece or two you really feel special about? Would you love to dive into that piece deeper? This class is meant for this very adventure.
We begin by selecting one or two pieces from your portfolio as jumping off point. From here you, along with the guidance of your instructor, will create a companion piece or small collection of companion pieces to support your major interest. This class will show what amazing things can happen when given the time and freedom to really explore the types of art or media you really enjoy.
- Portfolio of completed artworks: 3-12 pieces
- Sketchbook: In use or new (in use preferred but not essential)
- 18 x 24 inch drawing pad: White paper (not newsprint)
- Selection of graphite pencils 3h-6b
- Preferred medium of choice. Examples include: Color Pencil, Watercolor, Marker, Ink, Acrylic, Oil paint…
SECOND CLASS & BEYOND
- Work surfaces/materials of your choosing Examples include: canvas, fine paper, panel, clay