Visit all the stops during the first annual Print Crawl around downtown Lancaster, and you’ll go home with a beautiful poster featuring iconic Lancaster City, designed by PCA&D students Austin Lord and Catherine Spengler!
Austin, an illustration senior from Mechanicsburg, and Catherine, a graphic Design junior from Lancaster, created each of the eight sections on the poster, which will be completed as participants go from stop to stop on the crawl, First Friday, September 1, 5 – 9 p.m. to get each section silkscreened, printed or stamped.
Participants can start the Print Crawl at any of participating print shops to get their poster andmap. before following the map around downtown to each of the shops to complete your poster. Stops include screen printing, letterpress printing, stamping and vinyl graphics. Completed posters earn discounts or raffle entries at shops around town. See the list below.
In addition to Austin and Catherine, other members of the PCA&D Community are participating.
Megan Zettlemoyer, adjunct PCAD professor and owner of Typothecary Letterpress, helped organize the event and will be hosting a letterpressstop on the crawl.
Becky Blosser, PCAD professor, will be operating PCA&D’s screen printing stop on the tour in the Art Garden, across from the College.
Nicole M. Duquette, PCAD alum and staff member, will be operating the stamp stop at Madcap.
Tom Newmaster, PCAD adjunct professor and owner of Force Packaging, printed the materials for the event, assisted by his staff, including PCA&D Graphic Design alums Avery Rose ’16 and Maranda Bressi
- Typothecary Letterpress, 420 W Grant Street
- Steadfast Screen Printing Co., 420 W Grant Street
- Michael Inzinna - Blacksmith Printing, 420 W Grant Street
- Hello Niccoco @ Madcap & Co., 310 N Queen Street
- The .918 Club, 342 N Queen Street
- Fruition Collective, 24 W Walnut Street
- Rebecca Blosser @ PCA&D - Pennsylvania College of Art & Design, 204 N Prince Street
- Foxduck, 11 W King Street
DISCOUNTS AROUND TOWN WITH COMPLETED POSTER:
- Typothecary Letterpress, Free letterpress greeting card or bottle bow tie
- Foxduck; 10% off total purchase
- PCA&D - Pennsylvania College of Art & Design: Enter to win a free Screenprint class
- Wacker Brewing Co.: $1 off a single draft
- Thistle Finch Distillery: $2 off a single drink
- BUiLDiNG CHARACTER: Enter to win...
- BUZZ: 10% off total purchase
- Levengoods of Lancaster: $1 off a single draft
- Seasons Lancaster: 10% off total purchase *cannot be combined with other offers.
- Now Listen Here: 10% off total purchase
- Mio Studio: 10% total purchase
- Sophie Stargazer Boutique, LLC: 15% off regular priced purchase
- BZDC: $5 gift card + Raffle for Led Zepplin ceramic coaster set
- Roburrito's Lancaster: Free side of chips + salsa with purchase of a burrito
- 551 West: 1/2 off single appetizer
- Lancaster Galleries:$125 framing of poster - Tax included. Includes slim modern metal frame in Black or German Silver. Add a mat for an additional $30 tax included. See Lancaster Galleries for more details.